Makeup artists, hair stylists and photographers are encouraged to submit their best work to The Makeup Show LA for Prizes and Recognition.
The Makeup Show Presents:
This Town is our Town – A photo celebration of the iconic fashion and beauty images to come out of LA.
Here is your opportunity to collaborate with your fellow artists, be a part of the Launch Event for The Makeup Show LA 2012, shoot at the famous Smashbox Studios and see your work published in On Makeup Magazine
ASSIGNMENT: Create an image that represents your team’s interpretation of this year’s theme “This Town is Our Town,” which will spotlight the beauty & fashion industry of LA and showcase the iconic looks that have come to us from Hollywood’s red carpet, silver screen, and fashion.
Rules for Submission:
To enter Submit your single image to email@example.com by February 17th, 2012.
The JPEG may not be larger than 2 MB.
Please include credits and bios for each member of your team including photographer, makeup artist and hair stylist and credits for anyone else included in the shoot in the body of the email.
We will have our team of editors, photographers and producers select their favorite from the entries.
Finalists & Winners: Finalists will be contacted via email by February 24th, 2012. All finalists are responsible for mounting their own image and delivering to and from the event (California Market Center).
Print Dimension should be a minimum of 11” x 14.” All images from the finalists will be displayed at The Makeup Show launch event on March 16th and throughout The Makeup Show LA.
Entries will be judged by a panel of our top industry insiders and viewed by over 4000 industry artists and experts. The winner will be announced and featured on our blog following The Makeup Show LA
Prizes to be awarded include:
- Publication of an original beauty photo story in On Makeup Magazine’s Spring 2012 Issue and inclusion on the contributor page for photographer and make-up artist. Studio time at Smashbox Studios with on set feedback from Celebrity Makeup Artist Lori Taylor, Smashbox Professional Artist Relations Manager
Crystal Wright Live Freelance Advantage Power Pack1 Hair Makeup & Fashion Styling Career Guide, 2 30 Days at 100 Percent Book & CD , 1 1-Day Workshop on DVD, 2 Webinars. 1 $500 Gift Certificate off of 3-Day Portfolio Building & Marketing Workshop.
- One on One consultation and portfolio review with Artists by Timothy Priano for each team member, photographer, Makeup Artist, and Hair Stylist.
- For the Makeup Artist: Makeup Kit containing some of James Vincents favorite products valuing 1000.00
- For the Hair Stylist: Hair Kit sponsored by T3 Announcement
- Feature in The Makeup Show Newsletter and featured spot on The Makeup Show Blog. Complimentary admission to each member of the winning team to The Makeup Show in each city for 2012.
Shelly Taggar: Owner of The Makeup Show Brand and Vice President of Metropolitan Events.
James Vincent: Director of Education and Artist Relations for The Makeup Show, Educator and Beauty Editor for On Makeup Magazine and LoveCat Magazine.
Lori Taylor: Makeup Artists, Beauty Expert and Professional Artist Relations Manager for Smashbox Cosmetics.
Michael DeVellis: Founder/Executive Director of The Powder Group, Editor/Creative Director of On Makeup Magazine, and Vice President Professional Division for Make Up For Ever
Timothy Priano: International Agent and Founder of premier agency, Artists by Timothy Priano.
Crystal Wright: Agent, Educator and Empowerment Diva. Best selling author of The Makeup & Fashion Styling Career Guide, and 30 Days at 100 Percent.
Brandon Showers: LA based photographer and contributor to beauty magazines.
for more details email firstname.lastname@example.org